Friday, May 30, 2014

Makeup Wishlist

There are a few things I'd love to add to my makeup collection once I procure a job. I've listed them below with reasons why and some pictures. I only have three lip colour options in my makeup kit right now, so I've focused on the need for more lipsticks and glosses in particular.


1. Portland Black Lipstick Company: Bear with me here, okay? I know it's a pretty out there colour. But I love black, and I love avant garde fashion.  Plus Stella Rose Saint Clair gives a very positive review of this particular lipstick in her post on black lipsticks here. It's probably not something I would wear to a job (except Hot Topic) but it could be fun at parties and events if you wanted to make a statement.

Best Black Lipstick: Portland Black Lipstick Company
credit to Stella Rose Saint Clair for picture

2. NYX Macaron Lippies in any colour: More unusual colours, I know. What can I say? These lipsticks are very playful, bright colours - and there's even a black. My favourites are Blue Velvet, Key Lime, and Rose, the Powerpuff Girl trio. Judging from the various reviews of these, they are creamy and give a good solid colour. On the NYX site, many of the colours are sold out; fortunately, they are also available for the same price at Ulta.

NYX Macaron Lippie
credit to Kelly of Vampy Varnish for picture

3. Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in Pink Blossom or Rose: Who hasn't heard of Burt's Bees Lip Balm? These seem good for those days when you just don't feel like putting on a bunch of makeup. I would love one because I have very dry lips, and I live in a desert climate, so I need all the moisture I can get. These also have very good reviews.
credit to Burt's Bees for picture

4. L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Compact Makeup in Porcelain and Nude Beige: I already use this in Soft Ivory as foundation and I'm very happy with it. I would like some lighter and darker shades for highlighting and contouring.
undefined - Face - L'Oreal Paris
credit to L'Oreal for picture

5. NYX Blusher in Pinky: Another from NYX, a company which I've heard so many good things about. Pinky is a very cute, bubblegum pink shade that I'd love to have for summer.

credit to Aqeela of Aqeela Keela

Categories: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment